Terms & Conditions
1. Vibha fiction writing competition is open to children from first grade to twelfth grade.
2. By entering the Contest, the Contestants accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the Contest which may be mentioned in any electronic messages via WhatsApp, email, etc., or on the website, or communicated to Contestants in any other way. The winners for each grade level may me mentioned on our Instagram page, Youth Chapter website, or Facebook page.
3. Our decision in all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. Early bird window has officially CLOSED.
2. Regular entry begins on May 8 and ends on June 30 Regular fee is $15.
3. Contestants are free to submit 2 entries as they wish and each entry will be judged separately. However, Contestants can only be shortlisted and selected as a Finalist once (in respect of their entry, its the highest that will be used).
4. To enter the contest, contestants must do the following:
a) Fill out personal information and upload their entry/entries in the form on the Entry page. We only accept PDFs.
b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and provide additional contact details so we can contact you if you are selected as a Finalist. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
5. Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out on the Entry page. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
6. Entries will not be complete until contestants have uploaded their entry/entries and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalised after the Contest has closed if and only if, the entry/entries contain any derogatory, sexual, inappropriate, plagarized content.
7. The judges have absolute discretion to accept or reject any entries and to remove any entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to judge any entry for the following reasons:
(a) Inclusion of defamatory or malicious content
(b) Inclusion of content in entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as vocabulary, characters, etc., without the requisite authorisations
(c) Breach of these Terms and Conditions
8. By entering the competition, contestants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Contestants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their entries which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
9. Any entries which are incomplete, incomprehensible, may be void.
10. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the contest, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Contest.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify any Contestants and/or entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any Contestant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
1. Our judges will rank their top two entries for each grade level.
2. Only the Finalists will be notified via email.
3. The Finalists first names and surnames may be published on our Youth chapter website, emails and VYC's Instagram and Facebook pages.
1. The prize for each grade level comprises of:
$100 for 1st place
$75 for 2nd place
2. The winner acknowledges that. The Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
3. We may in its sole discretion refuse to provide the Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Contestant's breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. The information Contestants supply in connection with the Contest (including their personal details):
(a) May be included in a database compiled for the contest and will be used for the purposes of selcting finalists.
(b) Personal information of the contestant will not be supplied to third parties (other than the contest parties) other than as is resonably necessary to select finalists and administer the contest.
2. Any personal information provided by the Contestants, will only be used by us in accordance with its Privacy Statement which is accessible for the purposes of the competition or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
1. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Contest Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, none of the contest parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any contestant entering the contest or as a result of accepting the prize. None of the contest Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
2. None of the contest parties promise that the services relating to the contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any contest party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
1. In the event that any contestant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the contest information, We shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such contestant, without any further liability to such contestant. In these circumstances, any prize won by the Contestant may be forfeited. All contestants must comply with any directions given by any contest party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
2. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
3. These Terms and Conditions and the contest information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the mission statement of Vibha and the mission of the Vibha Bay Area Youth Chapter.